A Bluesynergy Story
Grateful -
I am grateful for the opportunity to do three dives in one day. I went to my first boat dive - we had two stops, the Seabees junkyard and Western Shoals. The Seabees junk yard is as it sounds, the place in the harbor that the Navy dumped a bunch of garbage. This garbage includes trucks with tires, 36" diameter pipes, and other odd pieces of machinery. It is environmentally sad, but otherwise pretty cool to see the coral and other sea life living in and around the junk. I saw two huge puffer fish and tried to race a sea turtle. The puffer fish look like they were brought to life by an anime artist, with their head just too big and cartoonish for their long bodies. After the two dives, I was offered another opportunity to do a night dive - i turned it down because I was exhausted. Next time!
Grumbles -
My grumble is that Guam does not have any good bookstores. I tried finding a book for my friend C, but neither the book store in the mall or KMart had it. I was in a mood when I went to the mall bookstore and I ended up buying three books for myself instead. They were:
The Swiss Family Robinson, Johann Wyss
Lord of the Flies, William Golding
The Jungle, Upton Sinclair
As I relayed this information to B, she asked me if I knew that the Jungle wasn't about being in the jungle, as the other two books had a jungle theme. I reassured her that although my degree is in engineering, I was aware of the Jungle's subject matter.
Until she mentioned the jungle theme, I hadn't realized that my subconscious was trying to figure out how I felt about being on Guam - you know, since two of the books give different perspectives on what happens when one is trapped on a small tropical island and the other is about "the New World visions perish in the jungle of human suffering."
Rest assured, the book I had started reading first was the Swiss Family Robinson, so I think that means that deep down I feel like Guam is an exciting adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment